Friday, April 29, 2011
Today's festivities were a delight to watch at 5am in the morning. The highlight was John Rutter's specially commissioned Anthem. It was angelic; I hope it will be recorded and available on iTunes.
Below are the words:
This is the day which the Lord hath made: we will rejoice and be glad in it.
O praise the Lord of heav'n: praise him in the height
Praise him, all ye angels of his: praise him, all his host.
Praise him, sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars and light.
Let them praise the Name of the Lord.
For he shall give his angels charge over thee: to keep thee in thy ways.
The Lord himself is they keeper: the Lord is thy defence upon thy right hand;
so that the sun shall not burn thee by day: neither the moon by night.
The Lord shall preserve thee from all evil: yea, it is even he that shall keep thy soul.
The Lord shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in: from this time forth for evermore.
He shall defend thee under his wings.
Be strong, and he shall comfort thine heart, and put thou thy trust in the Lord.
(Psalms 118:24; 148:1-3, 5a; 91:4a,11; 121:5-8; 27:16b)
Friday, April 22, 2011
Monday, April 18, 2011
I had the benefit of attending the Wheaton Theology Conference this year on Global Theology. THe lectures by Andrew Walls and Lamin Sanneh stood out as exceptional, but there were many other very interesting lectures there including one on Chinese theology by K.K. Yeo. To listen to the lectures or view them you can go here: http://www.wheaton.edu/wetn/lectures-theology11.htm
Friday, April 15, 2011
I was able to host my friend and esteemed church historian Andrew F. Walls this week at Spring Arbor University. Below are the two lectures that he gave and the chapel message he delivered on Monday morning. Enjoy!
BBC News | News Front Page | World Edition
History, Theology, & Ethics Online Resources
- Augustine of Hippo site by James O'Donnell
- Bucer for Free: Nicholas Thompson
- Catholic Church Teachings
- Christian Classics Ethereal Library (CCEL)
- Counterbalance - Science & Religion
- Documenta Catholica Omnia
- Early Church Resources compiled by R. Bradshaw
- Grace Communion You're Included Video Casts
- Great Books Index (Aristotle, Plato, Shakespeare, ...)
- History Online (Institute of Historical Research)
- Internet Christian Library (ICLnet)
- Internet History Sourcebooks Project (Fordham University)
- Jesus Radicals
- Johannes a Lasco Bibliothek - Emden
- John Calvin Opera Omnia online
- Jonathan Edwards Center at Yale
- Julius Pflug - Regensburg
- Lesslie Newbigin Resource Page
- Martin Luther Werke online
- Patrologiae Graecae - Migne
- Perseus Digital Library (Classical Texts)
- Post-Reformation Digital Library (Hekman Library)
- Project Wittenberg
- Ray Anderson podcasts
- Reformation Studies Institute Resources
- Reformation Texts - Dr. Hans Rollman
- Religionsgesprache Documents
- Samuel Wells Sermons - Duke Chapel
- Stanley Hauerwas Page
- The Archbishop of Cantebury Website
- The Latin Library
- The St. Pachomius Library
- The Vatican Website
- Thomas de Aquino - Opera omnia
- Washington National Cathedral Website
- Wesley Center Online
Scripture Online Resources
- Academy of Ancient Languages Audio Files
- Bibledex - Nottingham
- Biblia Hebraica
- Center for the Study of NT Manuscripts
- Early Jewish Writings
- Frontline: From Jesus to Christ
- Greek, Latin, & Hebrew Audio Files
- King James Bible
- N.T. Wright Page
- NT Gateway
- Seforim Online - Printed Hebrew Manuscripts
- The Septuagint Online
- Walter Brueggemann Web Resources